Sunday 22 November 2015

Ambient Walkabout Contortion at the Corinthia Hotel

Earlier this month I was fortunate enough to have the amazingly talented photographer Nick Delaney (www.nickdelaney.com) come and take pictures of me as I performed at an event at the Corinthia Hotel with the lovely Sternberg Clarke (www.sternbergclarke.com).

Walkabout Sets are where I wander about the guests finding a suitable space where i then contort my body into crazy shapes, and balance on my hands.

I was recently asked if I prefer performing ambient/walkabout sets or a choreographed to music stage show.  I like both for their different reasons.  I love in a choreographed stage show being the centre of attention on the stage, and being able to combine my technical skills with artistry and emotion to the music.  Ambient/Walkabout sets then I love the freedom and randomness of it all, that i can show all of my technical skills that might not be included in my choreographed acts, and i like that the guests can also get to speak to me and ask me questions about my flexibility :)

Anyway, here are the lovely pictures that Nick took of me :)   Please do not use these pictures without permission.








No comments:

Post a Comment